Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Nice

I have bad eye sight. That is why i try to avoid driving at night time, only unless... well unless :). This is the reason why a lot of people say I am ambung and that I don't greet the people i know when I bump into them. I am not ignorant of my surroundings. I didn't choose to have a close distance eyesight. It is simply because i'm not able to see people's faces up till they come to a point where they are in my face.

I am not the only person who has this problem. I apologize to my friends or family who implanted in their minds the idea that i chose to ignore them when they saw me around. Being called 'ambung' is not a good thing. And i certainly don't like being labelled as an ambung-er .

We all like to portray ourselves as confident individuals in public. Even when there's uncertainty floating around in our heads.

I am not ambung! I'll prove it. Im gonna tell a story. This is how it goes:

I was walking in a particular place. I was just done visiting the public toilet. Wait! I'll talk about the toilet first.
One of the most famous toilets in Brunei. Very impressive art on the walls. I would certainly think it will help if an individual was excreting undigested food while enjoying the wonderful writings on the wall of the cubicle. Very heartfelt emotions scribbled on the walls, by this person who calls himself 'GOLDEN BOY'.

Anyways, i left the toilet with a the weirdest of smiles. All because, i saw this guy from quite a distance who was waving in my direction. *Looks back* No one was there, so i was certain it was me. He kept on walking towards me, and while so, i was still trying to figure out who this person was. I honestly tried to dig out the the oldest of memories, trying to locate him in my mind. But still failed to..

So we shook hands and i said 'hi'..
Person: Sup? Salah orang pulang aku nie, tapi inda papalah.
Me: OOH OK TU EH! :D Aku si Daus.

We both got in the elevator, and honestly felt like the longest elevator ride ever -_-. Awkward



No comments: