Wednesday, September 24, 2008

dozE-conomics

In utter disbelief, i proudly announce that tomorrow is officially the last day of uni before we head on to the mid semester holidays. It definitely will lift some weight off my back. Now, the reading on the scale has gone down and evidently puts some smiles on the faces. However, it doesn't mean we're free from the workload assigned, it just gives us time to cool down. A sense of breaking out as we all might want to put it, just for a split second. I've missed this. The state of having a lot to say, but i'd rather blurt them out here.

Regardless of my university courses being a core, minor or an option, it still requires us to work ourselves away. Let me lay it out to you in pieces the courses im currently involved and formally registered:

1)sp2217: Government & Politics
2)sp2216: Public Organizations. Practice and Theory
3)sp2220: Social Policy and Development
4)sp2222: Foundation of Policy studies
5)ms2109: Foundation of Information Systems
6)ek2223: Microeconomics
7)ek2224: Macroeconomics

In some ways, these courses do have a certain degree of inter-relation. How? They all require me to work my ass off(Forgive my language). Being a policy student, involves a lot of reading and requires me to be well read. I was advised to minor in Economics by someone. And come to think of it, i do hold a certain amount of interest in Economics, it's tools and mechanisms.

This interest in my view can be manifested into some form of link with my major subjects. That is of course on the basis of my knowledge. And so far, it is safe to say, my background in Economics was not as sufficient as i thought it would be. My calculations failed me in terms of the aggregate knowledge i have on Economics. But then again, i hope my competitive nature will make up for this sense of being incomplete as far as economics is concerned. It is hard to hold on to that little Optimism i have in me when I can't make sense of 60% of the graphs ive drawn. Hmm

Let me put it this way, in terms of knowledge in Economics, the DEMAND & SUPPLY are not in equilibrium. The amount of output does not correspond with the amount of labour as input. And in Microeconomics, I can't seem to find my indifference curve for my satisfaction. Every night has been economics for me.

No comments: